♦ Will cause the trailer to sway or fishtail.
♦ Increases the chances that the trailer hitch will separate from the ball.
Before towing a boat on a trailer, CHECK TO SEE IF
• The locking mechanism on the trailer hitch is properly engaged
• Boat tie-downs are secure and in their proper locations
• The cable that secures the front of the vessel to the trailer is attached and in good working condition
• Trailer safety chains are connected in a criss-cross pattern
• The spare tire is inflated and usable
• The trailer lights are in working condition
• The boat is not overloaded with extra gear, which could affect handling of the towing vehicle
Was this article helpful?
If you're wanting to learn about boating. Then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read! You Are Going To Get An In-Depth Look At One Of The Most Remarkable Boating Guides There Is Available On The Market Today. It doesn't matter if you are just for the first time looking into going boating, this boating guide will get you on the right track to a fun filled experience.