Tired of straining the oid back? Tired of waking up all night worrying about your anchor dragging, thinking that THIS is supposed to be a vacation! WELL, now there is an alternative... Located throughout the British Virgin Islands at most popular anchorages there are professionally maintained moorings available for overnight use. The small fee for the mooring use is well worth the good night's sleep it affords.
1 lere are a few tips on picking and leaving a mooring...
1. As in anchoring, approach the mooring area slowly with your dinghy pulled in on a short line.
2. Have a crew member ready with a boat hook at the bow to direct you and to pick up the mooring pennant.
3. Approach the mooring buoy slowly from the direction that keeps the bow of your boat into the wind.
4. You may find that at idle speed by shifting alternately from forward to neutral you can coast to the buoy, then shift into reverse for a second to stop the boat as the crew member lifts the pennant on board and attaches it to the bow cleat.
5. Please do not be embarrassed if you miss picking up the pennant the first time. It happens to all of us at sometime, just circle around and make another approach.
6. To leave the mooring with your dinghy once again on a short line simply let go the pennant and set off for your next destination. Take care not to run over the mooring buoy and pennant as you leave.
These helpful hints are brought to you by Moor-Seacure Ltd.-the premier mooring company in the BVI. And remember, "If it doesn't say MOOK-SEACURE, it probably ISN'T!"
Moor-Seacure moorings are available at these and other fine locations...
• LAST RESORT AT TRKLLIS BAY • COOPER ISLAND • MARINA CAY • ANEGADA REEF HOTEL
■ RHYMERS AT CANE GARDEN BAY • SOPERS HOLE MARINA AT WEST END
• VIXEN POINT • DRAKES ANCHORAGE • BIRAS CREEK IN NORTH SOUND
• ABES BY THE SEA AND HARRIS' AT JOST VAN DYKE IN LITTLE HARBOUR
DON'T BE A DRAG
P.O. Box 139, Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I. • 809-494-4488
Was this article helpful?
If you're wanting to learn about boating. Then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read! You Are Going To Get An In-Depth Look At One Of The Most Remarkable Boating Guides There Is Available On The Market Today. It doesn't matter if you are just for the first time looking into going boating, this boating guide will get you on the right track to a fun filled experience.